Ultimaker 2+/3 Adhesion Sheets
Thanks to the Adhesion sheets for the Ultimaker 2+/3, your prints will adhere to the build plate better, producing consistent high-quality results. A box of Adhesion sheets contains 25 sheets. Using an adhesion sheet is one of the most effective methods of ensuring your 3D print adheres to the build plate, producing consistent high-quality results. Learn how to apply it correctly, prevent air bubbles, and ensure a smoother, flatter surface.
Applying the adhesion sheet
To apply the adhesion sheet to your glass plate, you have to follow these steps.
1. Remove the build plate from your printer by opening the clamps at the front of the plate. Then gently slide the plate out of the printer.
2. Wet the glass plate with some water and a small amount of soap. Make sure that the warning sticker is facing upwards.
3. Remove the back liner from your adhesion sheet.
4. Slowly start applying the adhesion sheet to your print plate. Start in the middle, then lower the sheet onto the glass plate.
5. Sweep the water outwards from underneath the sheet, starting at the centre. This to reduce the number of air bubbles. Be careful not to tear the sheet.
Note: Air bubbles under the sheet can distort the first printed layer. If the bubbles can’t be removed, consider popping them with a needle.
6. Once the sheet is applied and is bubble-free and dry, place the glass plate back in the printer and secure with the build plate clamps. Heat the build plate to 100 ºC so the remaining water under the sheet can evaporate.
Removing the adhesion sheet
The adhesion sheet can be used multiple times, but once it has been damaged, you may need to replace it. To remove the adhesion sheet from the glass plate, take the following steps.
1. Remove the glass plate from the Ultimaker.
2. Take one of the corners of the adhesion sheet and peel it approximately 3 cm from the glass plate surface. Hold the glass plate under a tap and let the water run under the adhesion sheet while slowly pulling the sheet off at a 90-degree angle. The sheet shouldn’t leave a sticky residue.
3. Continue switching to a different corner of the adhesion sheet in order to pull it off completely.
4. Remove any glue residue from the glass plate with a sponge and soap.
Be aware: this product is only usable with the Ultimaker 2+/3.