Cura prepares your model for 3D printing. For novices, it makes it easy to get great results. For experts, there are over 200 settings to adjust to your needs. As it’s open source, our community helps enrich it even more.
The world’s most advanced
3D printer software
Cura creates a seamless integration between hardware, software and materials for the best 3D printing experience around.
- Novices can start printing right away and experts are able to customize 200 settings to achieve the best results for their models
- Optimized profiles for Ultimaker materials
- Supported by a global network of Ultimaker certified service partners
- Print multiple objects at once with different settings for each object
- Cura supports STL, 3MF and OBJ file formats
- It’s open source and completely free
- Optimized for dual extrusion printing with Ultimaker 3
3 steps to printing a 3D model
Every model you design for print must be translated by Cura into instructions your Ultimaker will understand. It does this by slicing your model into thin layers and saving the file ready for printing. Here’s the process in a bit more detail.
Design an object in 3D modeling software
The first thing you’ll need is a 3D model. Just be sure to export your file in either a STL, 3MF or OBJ file format so Cura can understand it.
Import your 3D model file into Cura
Within moments, Cura slices your model ready for print. You can preview it, scale it and adjust settings as you’d like.
3D print your model on your Ultimaker
Ready to print? Save the file or print on your Ultimaker 3 directly from Cura. Click Save to File, Save to Removable Drive or Print Over Network.