Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a quality finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+.
Reasons to choose
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a high-quality surface finish on your model
- Good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, or CPE+
- Longer shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
- Ideal for use with build materials that could be sensitive to water
Removing Breakaway support
Step 1 Tear
Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
Step 2 Pull
Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
Step 3 Peel
If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.
Ultimaker materials color availability
Available only in White 750 g